Announcing the National #hcsmca Symposium’s Scholarship Winners
We’re happy to announce the scholarships recipients
Organizers of the first-ever National #hcsmca Symposium immediately realized three things:
- Canada is big
- Vancouver isn’t exactly centrally-located
- Some members of the #hcsmca community may need financial support to attend– members like patients, caregivers and students
So we, the organizers (listed halfway down this post) developed a scholarship program. We co-created scoring criteria and invited applicants to tell us about their involvement with #hcsmca, how they use communications technology for health, why they want to join us in Vancouver. A committee of patients and caregivers reviewed the applications and, ultimately, the number of scholarships we offered was based on the event’s sponsorship income.
And the six scholarships winners are:
- Sara Shearkhani (@Sara_Shear), caregiver from Toronto
- Debra Maione (@PithyWoman), caregiver from Winnipeg
- Deb Maskens (@DebMaskensKCC), patient from Guelph
- Kathy Kastner (@KathyKastner), patient from Toronto
- Annette MacKinnon (@anetto), patient from Toronto
- Sharon Anderson (@shardoranderson), student from Edmonton
- Jessica Inskip (@JessInskip), student from Vancouver
Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to provide the scholarship recipients with funding to pay for travel, accommodation and registration in full and in advance. Also, thank you to BC Patient Safety & Quality Council and the Quality Forum for making all the travel and accommodation arrangements.
With additional sponsorship, the event will be able to offer more scholarships. Here is more information if your organization would like to join the National #hcsmca Symposium as a sponsor.