#hcsmca hosts a tweet chat every Wednesday at 1 pm ET. The last Wednesday of the month is our monthly evening chat at 9 pm ET.
Follow @hcsmca to get notifications about upcoming chat topics, Meetups and #hcsmca-related events.
#hcsmca is an inclusive network for all Canadians passionate about health and health care. #hcsmca is a cross-disciplinary community with core values of respect, diversity and openness. Although #hcsmca’s geographical focus is Canada, the community has global reach.
Together we make health care more open and connected.
To drive social collaboration for better health and health care.
As a central hub of social health information, #hcsmca connects people, facilitates communications, and supports innovative and collaborative solutions to improve health and health care.
The networked #hcsmca community researches, discusses, problem solves health and health care challenges and opportunities. With the diverse knowledge pool of its members, the community leverages social media and other digital collaborative tools in an open forum to share perspectives, best practices, new ideas and solutions.
Read more on how the #hcsmca community created its vision and mission.
Who takes part in #hcsmca?
Anyone and everyone delivering and receiving health care who is interested in open conversation to help improve quality, access, value and effectiveness of health care. This includes: patients, caregivers, patient advocates, healthcare professionals, not-for-profit health organizations, educators, heath content providers, health institutions, health administrators, health systems and networks, government and health policy makers.
Join us. Tell me who you are and I’ll add you to the Twitter hcsmca list.
À noter : Le discours de #hcsmca se présente principalement en anglais. Mais les tweets en français sont les bien bienvenues. La communauté va faire de son mieux pour les traduire quand c’est nécessaire.
What do we talk about?
That’s up to the #hcsmca community to decide. Submit a topic you would like to discuss to #hcsmca Founder @Colleen_Young.
Find the transcripts of past chats in the #hcsmca Transcripts Collection.
How to take part in #hcsmca
- Get a Twitter account.
- Go to twubs.com or tweetchat.com.
- Enter the #hcsmca in the box that says “Enter a hashtag” and press Enter.
- Sign in to participate in the chat. (note the hashtag #hcsmca will automatically be added to your tweets.
- Review this week’s topics. Feel free to add a topic yourself.
- Be online at 1 pm ET (2 pm AT, noon CT, 11 am MT, 10 am PT). Note: last week of the month is our evening chat at 9pm ET.
- Why #hcsmca?
- Learn more about why you should add #hcsmca to your tweets.
- Find out more about Tweet chats and how they work, see Health-related Twitter tweet chats: Introduction.
- See our #hcsmca report cards (infographics): 6-month report card, 18-month report card and 2-year report card.
- #hcsmca held its first chat September 29, 2010.