Online Communities and Apps for Health
Many health apps include social elements and seek to build online communities. Some succeed and thrive, while others languish. Why?
My fellow panelists, Jenn Sprung (@mindthecompany) and Bruce Baskerville (@CrushTheCrave), and I (@colleen_young) will explore this question at Apps for Health (@appsforhealth) on May 16. Each of us will share our perspectives:
I will share best practices of Community Management That Works – How to build a thriving online community. Bruce will present the app Crush the Crave as a Case Study – Successes and lessons learned integrating social in a health app. And Jenn will remind us Don’t Forget the User – First-hand stories from the hand that holds the app.
We’ll delve into questions such as:
- Why do you need a social strategy? Online community should not be an after-thought in health app development.
- What role does community management play?
- What is the impact of online social networks? What should we measure and why?
- The cat factor: What motivates community growth and activity?
- And what about the bad stuff? What to do when members “mis-behave”?
There’s still time to register – $10 for students, $50 for professionals and $25 for faculty. See the full line-up of panel sessions and student competition. Will Falk (@willfalk) will be giving the opening keynote. You can also follow the hashtag #appsforhealth on May 16.
What question would you like our panel to answer?