Why add #hcsmca to your tweets?
When I see a tweet that would interest the #hcsmca (health care social media Canada) community, I wonder why didn’t that person add #hcsmca to his/her tweet? Is this another manifestation of Canadian politeness?
Let me offer some guidance as to when (and why) you should add #hcsmca to your tweets.
- Share and inform: Tell others about the great stuff you’ve read or are doing. Use #hcsmca to exchange insights and experiences.
- Broadcast good stuff: Don’t be shy. If you’ve got something you want to get out there, leverage the #hcsmca community and the get the word out about your new initiative, your latest blog post or an upcoming conference or event.
- Ask questions: Adding #hcsmca to your question lets you tap into the collective intelligence of a community that is further reaching than any single set of followers.
- Request participation: If you’re looking for people to contribute comments, opinions or ideas, what better place than #hcsmca?
- Expand your network: Participate in #hcsmca conversations any time and find people you want to follow and be found by others.
These ideas were added by @AnnFuller via Twitter:
- Stay current.
- Crowd-source information (for example these additional bullets).
- Get new ideas.
“#hcsmca helps filter Twitter for the stuff relevant to me.” says Ann
Furthermore, by reading the #hcsmca stream, you also have the opportunity to listen and gain insights from people you may not normally have access to. #hcsmca is more than just a 1 hour chat. Add #hcsmca to your relevant tweets throughout the week too.
When do you add #hcsmca to your tweets? Show us examples of how the community works for you.